What Are Cookies
For more general information on cookies, see the Information Commissioner’s Office page
Generally they help the website to recognize a user’s device. This is done in order to make the website work more efficiently as well as provide information about the preferences of users to the owners of the website.
Disabling cookies will usually result in disabling certain functionality and features of this site which might impair our website and its functionality.
More information about cookies and adjusting your browser setting can be found here.
However, if you want to disable cookies, this can be done through your respective browser settings. The links below give information on changing cookie settings on some commonly used browsers.
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en-GB
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-browsing-search-download-history-firefox?redirectlocale=en-US&redirectslug=Clear+Recent+History
- Microsoft Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/278835/how-to-delete-cookie-files-in-internet-explorer
- Microsoft Edge: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4468242/microsoft-edge-browsing-data-and-privacy-microsoft-privacy
- Apple Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH5042?locale=en_US
Some browsers allow you to browse in incognito mode limiting the amount of data we can collect. There are also many third party applications which you can add to your browser to block or manage cookies.
The Cookies We Set
- Downloadable material
If a user downloads any material from the WPA website, a cookie is placed to hide the pop-up in the browser during the session. This would be removed once a user closes the browser.
- Cookie Consent
A cookie is stored to remember a user’s consent to cookies. This is valid for a period of 90 days.
Third Party Cookies
We use Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solutions on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content. For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page which is available here
To opt out of Google analytical tracking, you can do so by clicking here
We also use Vimeo to embed video content on our website. Vimeo is an embeddable video player that places its first party cookies in the browser to enhance their video player experience. To find out more about Vimeo’s cookies, click here
Hopefully this has given you clarity on the cookie policies and how we collect and store your data.
However, if you are still looking for more information, then, you can contact us through one of our preferred contact methods: email@example.com
- By visiting this link: https://www.wpa-pinfold.co.uk
- Phone: +44 (0)113 244 8549
Last Updated: 22 Oct 2019